ORLANDO, FL – Providers who wish to engage government officials through advocacy can learn about lobbying on Capitol Hill from the best in the business at Medtrade. A great place to make new connections, learn about advocacy, and welcome the latest inductees to the Homecare Champions Hall of Fame is the Stand Up For Homecare reception on Tuesday, October 8, from 5:30-7:00 pm at Baterbys Art Gallery (within close walking distance of the Convention Center). With plenty of good food and good conversation, the Stand Up for Homecare reception is the premier networking event at Medtrade. Click here to register.
To find advocacy professionals on the show floor, attendees can visit several locations, including the Advocacy Pavilion (Booth #1832). As legislative challenges continue to plague the HME industry, the need to unite all stakeholders, including consumer groups, has never been more critical. The Advocacy Pavilion will house industry advocacy organizations and HME relevant consumer non-profits so they may share advocacy ideas while networking with industry providers and manufacturers.
The MED Group (Booth #1743), The VGM Group (Booth #425), and the HIRA Pavilion (Booth #1012) are three additional can’t-miss locations. The Health Industry Representatives Association (HIRA) focuses on promoting the manufacturers’ rep function within the health care industry. The HIRA-sponsored pavilion also features new companies’ products & services that are up and coming in the HME/DME industry.
The State Association Pavilion will feature providers and advocates from your home state. Participating associations are:
• Alabama Durable Medical Equipment Association
• Arizona Medical Equipment Suppliers Association
• At Home Services
• Florida Alliance of Homecare Services
• Florida Association of Medical Equipment Services
• Georgia Association of Medical Equipment Suppliers
• Illinois Association for Medical Equipment Services
• Association of Indiana Home Medical Equipment Services
• Kentucky Medical Equipment Suppliers Association
• Maryland-National Capital Homecare Association
• Medical Equipment Suppliers Association
• Michigan Association for Home Care
• Midwest Association for Medical Equipment Services
• Home Medical Equipment and Services Association of New England
• New York Medical Equipment Providers Association
• North Carolina Association for Medical Equipment Services
• Ohio Association of Medical Equipment Services
• Pennsylvania Association of Medical Suppliers
• Texas Alliance for Home Care Services
• Virginia Association of Durable Medical Equipment Companies
• Wisconsin Association of Medical Equipment Services
CLICK HERE for more Expo Floor Highlights.
AAHomecare’s Washington Update: Tuesday, October 8, 8:00am – 9:00am
With a new Congress searching for ways to reduce Medicare expenditures, 2013 offers fresh challenges and opportunities for home care both on Capitol Hill and at CMS. Join the discussion as AAHomecare’s team of legislative and regulatory experts talk about competitive bidding, the audit crisis, and mobility from a Washington, D.C., perspective. Find out what AAHomecare’s plans are for the future and how the Association will fight for its members as they fight for their businesses.
Scheduled speakers include: Tom Ryan (pictured), President; Jay Witter, Vice President of Government Affairs; and Kim Brummett, Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs, American Association for Homecare.