ORLANDO, FL – Getting to Medtrade in time for a multi-hour seminar on Oct 7 could pay big dividends for your business. Evan McGill, national sales manager for Therafirm, a brand of Knit-Rite Inc, will be leading one of the eight seminars slated for the first Monday of Medtrade in Orlando, Fla.
The Therafirm Certified Fitter’s Training Course: Understanding Venous Disease and the Business of Compression Hosiery runs from 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM and offers knowledge for experienced compression fitters and newbies alike. “We’ll talk about anatomy, physiology, the venous system and how to grow the business with compression,” says McGill. “At the end, attendees receive a certified fitter certificate, so when patients go to visit, they can rest assured you are well versed.”
Compression hosiery/garments are generally a cash sale and fit in nicely for companies looking to reduce dependence on Medicare. More awareness on the consumer and physician side is driving the business and companies such as Therafirm are paying attention to eye-pleasing packaging.
Last month, the Knit-Rite company (Booth #242 at Medtrade) held a grand opening for it’s new textile manufacturing facility in Hamlet, NC. The company recently moved its North Carolina operations from Ellerbe, NC to its newly renovated, state-of-the-art facility in Hamlet.
The new facility offers expanded capabilities and capacity for the company. With its purchase of Therafirm Compression Products in 2000, Knit-Rite marked its expansion into the Compression Hosiery industry. With recent innovations such as the patented Corespun by Therafirm® support line, Knit-Rite remains committed to providing products that deliver healthy benefits for better quality of life.
Making the Most of the Medtrade Experience
Those who wish to take full advantage of educational opportunities may wish to arrive on Monday, Oct 7, where they can choose from among several workshops and/or seminars. No fewer than eight workshops and seminars are on tap for Monday, Oct 7, at Medtrade Orlando. Featured presentations are: • Using Brightree As a “Business Management Tool: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM – Speaker: Kathy Quehl, Training Team Leader, Brightree
• HME Sales Management Revenue Growth Summit: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Speaker: Mike Sperduti, President and CEO, Emerge Sales Inc
• Success in Diversification: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Speakers: Mark Higley, Rob Baumhover, Mike Mallaro
• Keeping Your Business Ahead of the Digital Curve: Tactical Strategies for Online and Content Marketing: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Speakers: Anna McDevitt, Owner, Laboratory Marketing, Lisa Wells, Get Social Consulting LLC
• Operational Efficiencies in Today’s Marketplace: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Speaker: Miriam Lieber, President, Lieber Consulting LLC
• Keep Your Hard-Earned Money: Surviving Medicare Part B DME Audits-A Hands-On Review: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Speakers: Mary Ellen Conway, President, Capital Healthcare Group, Denise Fletcher, Attorney, Brown & Fortunato, and Wayne van Halem, President, The van Halem Group, LLC
• Mobility Documentation and Evaluations Then and Now: What is really needed? How do I get it?: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Speakers: Peggy Walker, RN, Director of Reimbursement, US Rehab/VGM; Elizabeth Cole, MSPT, ATP, Director of Clinical Rehab Services, US Rehab/VGM
• THERAFIRM Certified Fitter’s Training Course: Understanding Venous Disease and the Business of Compression Hosiery: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM – Speaker: Evan McGill, National Sales Manager, a division of Knit Rite
“For those who make the commitment to attend Medtrade, choosing a multi-hour educational opportunity on the first day is a great way to maximize the full benefits of the show,” says Gaffney, group show director, Medtrade. “These seminars and workshops offer the chance to gain in-depth knowledge.
Registration for any of these sessions includes complementary access to the Expo. Some of these sessions also qualify attendees to access the Medtrade Conference as well at no extra charge. Visit Medtrade.com for complete details and to register.
Early bird registration is now open for Medtrade Orlando, the largest trade show in the U.S. focused exclusively on HME. Medtrade is designed to give today’s providers the highest quality educational, networking, and advocacy opportunities—and the largest selection of HME products under one roof. Significant savings are available to providers who register sometime in the next two months through early bird rates.
Click here to register for Medtrade Orlando.