LAS VEGAS – The winners of the Innovative HME Retail Product Awards, sponsored by HomeCare magazine, will be on display this week at Medtrade Spring, which begins today. The biannual awards honor HME products that are particularly suited for retail sale.
“There were some really impressive and innovative entries this year,” said Jim Greatorex (pictured), owner, Black Bear Medical, Portland, Me, and a member of the judges panel. “We had lots of discussion about each entry. To pick the top six, we really had to get nitpicky. We plan on showing all the great new products, and I’m very pleased with the new opportunities we can display in Las Vegas at Medtrade Spring.”
For those still pondering attendance to the Expo (March 11 and March 12), walk-up registration is featuring a “special discount” on Expo Floor passes. Just mention you learned about the “special discount” in Medtrade Monday and you will have access to the Expo Floor, which is open from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday and 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
The purpose of the retail awards competition is to promote and recognize products that contribute to providers’ bottom lines though cash sales. Attendees at Medtrade Spring, scheduled for March 10-12 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas, can view these products in a special section of the New Product Pavilion, sponsored by HomeCare magazine, on the Expo floor. A retail panel discussion of these products is part of the 6-4-18 (open to all attendees) sessions at Medtrade Spring. The discussion, entitled The Best New Retail/Cash Opportunities, is scheduled for Wednesday, March 12 at 9:45 a.m. in South Pacific D. This year’s Medtrade Spring winners are:
• The Rebound Health OTC TENS Unit from BioMedical Life Systems Inc (Booth #641) “The Rebound® Health OTC TENS Unit is a drug-free pain relief device,” says Mariah Griffith, vice president of Sales and Marketing, BioMedical Life Systems Inc, Vista, Calif. “The FDA is now recommending a tightening of controls on prescription pain medications, and combined with the recent changes to Medicare reimbursement, it is expected that there will be an even larger, under-served market of pain patients seeking alternative and affordable methods of treatment. For HME providers, creating access to new, drug-free pain management products presents a tremendous opportunity.”
• The iWalk2.0 Hands Free Crutch from iWalk Free Inc (Booth #826) “We fit the profile of a desirable retail product—functional, fills an identifiable need, shelf friendly, easy to learn and use, and economical,” says Brad Hunter, director of Business Development, iWALK-FREE, Long Beach, Calif. “We launched iWALK2.0 at Medtrade in Orlando, Fla, last year. The award we won there brought lots of awareness, and iWALK2.0 has since been picked up by hundreds of DME and HME retailers who are doing well with it.”
• Metro Walker from Stander Inc (Booth #440) “The Metro Travel Walker’s functionality is superior compared to its competitors,” says Tom Goldhardt, director of Special Projects, Stander Inc, Logan, Utah. “The Metro Travel Walker folds with the lift of a finger to become the world’s most compact, portable walker. The Metro Walker comes in industry leading retail packaging and point-of-purchase displays, making it an easy sell for DME stores and pharmacies looking for products ideal for cash sales.”
• Bax U Posture Support from Think Healthy Inc (Booth #843) “Bax U Posture Support is affordable—has an L-code)—and anyone age 12 and up can wear it,” says Romina Ghassemi, DC, founder/inventor and owner of a chiropractic practice in San Pedro, Calif. “It improves posture and reduces slouching during activities such as texting, sitting, and driving. It is small, lightweight, comfortable, and can be worn discreetly under clothes without anyone knowing you’re wearing a medical device.”
• TidyTop from TidyTop (Booth #764) “Adult bibs, currently called clothing protectors for the challenged diner, were long overdue for adding dignified style, at a reasonable price,” says Steve Kirby, CIO, TidyTop, Sandpoint, Idaho. “TidyTop has it all: stain proof; reversible, pocket; comes in four patterns; can be wiped off or machine washed; and includes a tote bag.”
• Serta Perfect Lift Chair Model SR 525 from Pride Mobility Products Corp (Booth #511)
All entries were judged on their contribution to the quality of life enhancement to users, and how well they would work in a retail environment. Products were also judged on: marketing support provided to suppliers; innovation; functionality; quality/durability; aesthetics/style; environmental sustainability; ease of retail set-up; and pricing. To see these retail items and hundreds of others, Click Here to register for Medtrade Spring, scheduled for March 10-12 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Start engaging with us on social media. Tag us in your pictures. Tell us your favorite speakers, and share the new ideas and products you’ve discovered. Be sure to include the hashtag: #MedtradeSolutions in your posts.