ATLANTA – “You’ll never amount to anything. Your mother and I want the best for you, and if you decide to be a salesman you will end up broke like all the rest of them. No salary? Who in the world can make it without a salary? You want to get a good job, with a big company and have security in your life. And look at what salesmen do for a living. If they don’t sell, they don’t eat. They are pushy, aggressive, self-serving liars. That is not the son I raised. You’re better than that. Go back to school and do something with your life!”
Those harsh words were all from my father (whom I love—he is my idol), and they motivate me every day. The day I heard the above words, I vowed to become the best salesman on the planet, and I have made it my mission to study, work and learn from masters—so one day I, too, would become a master.
I looked at things differently than Dad. I believe that salesmen are the most noble of professionals. They are magicians. Like magic, they make money appear. Like a magician, salesmen can take a medical facility, where no one knows who they are or has even heard of the company they are representing, and produce a revenue stream and a long-term customer. Now that’s power.
That is exactly what parents want for their kids—security and self-reliance. Sales magicians are wanted and needed in every company. The tougher the climate, the more sales masters are appreciated.
After years of working and learning under masters in sales, psychology, law, neurolinguistics and neuroscience, as well as successfully selling more than $1 billion in the health care industry, I created the 7-Step Sales Process, with the goal of transferring this knowledge to people around the world who share my passion to be the best.
Top salespeople around the world use the 7-Step Sales Process to market game-changing products and services. You will notice these activities and language patterns take time and effort to master. You need to study in order to feel confident and comfortable with the material.
Role play, and then test your new skills in the field to make sure you are seeing results; then make appropriate adjustments. This article will give you a brief overview of the fundamentals to create magic with every call you make and every customer you meet.
It has been said that it takes 10,000 hours to master a worthwhile skill. Like me, you understand it takes time and consistent effort to be great. Here is a great acronym for T.I.M.E.—Things I Must Earn. The advantage of the 7-Step Sales Process is that I have compressed all the knowledge you need into seven specific actions you can master.
I have witnessed hundreds of sales representatives in our training classes see immediate results in revenue within the first 30 days—and the best part of the model is that, when you make it your own, you will know exactly what to do and say in every situation to meet and exceed your goals.
That’s why you should join me and other serious business professionals and choose to register for the Mike Sperduti HME Sales Excellence workshop so you will gain new skills that will produce immediate results and see how you command a higher income from all the new business you generate. The 7 Step Sales Process is recognized as the best training program in the HME Industry and is featured on the cover of this month’s HomeCare magazine.
Read the entire article HERE
Here is more about this advanced sales workshop at Medtrade:
Mike Sperduti’s HME Sales Excellence Training
Monday, October 26 | 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Speakers: Mike Sperduti, President and CEO, Emerge Sales, Inc.
Mike Sperduti has developed the most intense and powerful sales training program our industry has ever seen. For the First time ever at Medtrade, Mike will teach you his step by step sales process that will show you exactly what you need to do and say to meet your sales quota, income goals and serve an abundance of new patients. Register today and you will learn:
• How to turn a medical facility that you have no relationship with into a referring account in 4-6wks
• The most effective Sales and UpCare technique that will immediately increase your new patient referrals and revenues. (This one strategy will pay for your entire Medtrade experience including airfare. Hotels, meals and fun!)
• How to skillfully handle and overcome objections like “We are happy with our HME current provider” or “It’s the patient’s choice”
• Proven relationship building strategies and conversational talking points that you will put in “your own words” to be brilliant during every customer conversation- from your first meeting to getting you first patient
• How to handle the referral source who plays games with you and NEVER refers a patient
• How to make the closing process easy, effortless and never pressured
• How to win friendship and influence with all gatekeepers
• A guaranteed way to grow your business and win new customers and patients!!!!
Click Here for more information
Mike Sperduti is president/founder of the Mike Sperduti Companies, East Northport, NY.
If sales is not your focus then I suggest you attend other workshops for in-depth training and knowledge. There are two additional six-hour workshops; one Fitter’s Course (all scheduled for 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., on Monday, Oct 26); or the inaugural Brightree Summit – Tools of the Trade, a 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. array of educational tracks with several sessions and hands-on training from which to choose.
See details below on the additional workshops, the fitter’s course, and the Brightree Summit.
Brightree Summit: Tools of the Trade Oct 26 • 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, session times vary
Join Brightree experts and your peers on Monday, October 26, for nearly a dozen educational sessions, as well as roundtable discussions, ask-the-expert sessions, hands-on training, and a cocktail reception. Registration also includes complimentary access to the Brightree Party at the Tabernacle on Wednesday evening (10/28).
Compression Therapy and Its Application in the Management of Venous Disease
Monday, October 26, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – C208
Speaker: Judith Brannan, Associate Director of Education/Medical Affairs, SIGVARIS Inc
Approved for 7.5 credits through ABC and 7.0 credits through BOC This workshop will cover the following objectives:
• Describe the anatomy & physiology of the venous system, including pathophysiology of venous disease • Define Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI)
• Define Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
• Identify which Diabetic patient will benefit from graduated compression.
• Define Compression Therapy and its application in venous disease & treatment
• Describe indications and contraindications for compression
• Demonstrate proper measuring & fitting of compression garments
• Understand the role of a compression garment fitter
• Identify how to grow your compression business and merchandising
An Introduction to the Certified Durable Medical Equipment Specialist (CDME)
Monday, Oct 26, 10:00am – 4:00pm – C209
Speaker: Jeff Price, MP, Chief Operations Officer, Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC), in collaboration with MED Group
The Certified DME Specialist (CDME) is a person who demonstrates broad knowledge of the DME/supply industry, including prescription verification, intake process, product selection, dispensing and setup, documentation, billing, compliance, and performance management. This workshop will cover the scope of practice for the CDME and prepare attendees to take the CDME examination.
Discover the value of the CDME for facilities in a challenging industry climate and how to market the credential to customers, referral sources, and third party payors. Certified Durable Medical Equipment Specialist (CDME) Exam Participants can take the CDME exam at Medtrade on Wednesday, October 28 from 8:00-10:00 AM, for an additional $50 (If not participating in workshop, exam is $150). This price includes the application and exam fees. To qualify, participants will submit their application and documentation to BOC before taking the exam.
New Foundations, Unlimited Possibilities
Monday, Oct 26, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – C210
Speakers: Dan Greyn, Senior, Systems Consultant; Gail Turner, Senior Systems Consultant; Joe Simanton, Senior Product Owner; Cole Helmer, Support Specialist, Computers Unlimited
TIMS software from Computers Unlimited is an all-in-one solution for patient intake, claims processing, document management, business intelligence, asset control, financial management and more. During this workshop, attendees will learn about new and innovative capabilities available in TIMS.
• Start the intake process the right way with in-bound document routing and imaging tools
• Extend the power of patient intake with user-defined workflows and customizable forms
• Simplify complex payer billing requirements with a powerful new billing rules engine
• Gain complete control over the documentation and authorization requirements of payers, physicians and patients with a flexible document management system
• Utilize dynamic work lists to super charge business processes and employee productivity
• Measure business and employee productivity with customized reports and Excel pivot tables
• Realize new levels of asset control with the industry’s most comprehensive rental equipment management system
• TIMS has gone mobile! Utilize IPad and Android tablets for your medical delivery needs
• Reduce delivery costs with Roadnet Technologies’ real-time dynamic routing capabilities Drive new efficiencies for your sleep business with web based CPAP compliance tools
Gain insight on how your unique business requirements can be addressed through using TIMS and CU’s application development resources.
Click Here for more information on Workshop Pricing.